Much of the work involves getting rid of junk that had some value to me at one point. (And might in the future!) Even if I were not moving, this process makes me feel more free.
I arranged this in roughly reverse-chronological order, and will prepend new items to the top of the list.
- Repair jammed-up lazy Susan corner cabinets in kitchen
- Sand, stain, and varnish antique doors (upstairs - 9 total)
- [75% complete]Caulk and paint all installed or repaired baseboard
- Sand and re-refinish hardwood flooring where stained by potted plant
- Replace flooring in mud porch (cloak room)
- Remove towel bar and set bathroom linen cupboard in its place.
- Hang medicine cabinet
- Distribute insulation bats in attic
- Install base shoe in upstairs bedroom and hallway
- Scrape all baseboard trim that was disturbed when hardwood floors were refinished.
- Caulk and paint stair railings and baseboard (last step in stairwell restoration)
- Furnish living room with entertainment center, end tables, leather couch, and leather reclining club chair
- Paint main floor: living room, kitchen, and dining room
- Restore plaster in stairwell, prep, and paint
- Sand, stain, and varnish antique doors (basement - 6 doors)
- Reframe basement room, and install oven, cabinets, and stackable washer and dryer
- Refinish oak hardwood and fir softwood floors
- Remove second floor carpet