Monday, July 31, 2006

Final Summer in Seattle

The most difficult part of Seattle to give up, aside from close proximity to great friends, is Seattle's spectacular summers. I've decided to make the most of this one, and so have bought a digital camera and gone kayaking, hiking, and blading, among other things. You can view my photo albums at public.fotki.com/rootlet.

Camera geeks:

The full-size original images with EXIF data are available in the albums. Discussion of my experience with the camera itself, a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX01, is discussed in a thread that I started on dpreview.com. I've no relationship with Fokti, other than being a member. I chose them because they offer rapid upload, unlimited storage space, good metadata, and storage of original images.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you finally decide to relocate to?

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:25:00 AM, Blogger Monte Hayward said...

My house sold and I'm packing for an Oct 18 close date. I had planned to come directly to Austin to participate in a benefit event (lotv-lockin.pbwiki.com), and secure an apartment. However, a close family member is very sick, and I plan to visit and help out for awhile in Illinois.

The Austin move is in the works. I'm thinking 78704. I will feel a lot better when I have a forwarding address. It's been a great summer here, and now a good "Indian Summer". I'm looking forward to renting a place in Austin, shopping for houses, and hitting those famous music clubs.

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your family is well and your time with them is positive. Safe traveling. ;) Terri

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Marlow6 said...

Monte, I found your blog thru a simple Google search. Sounds like you have a lot going on. I never made it down to Austin when I was in Dallas, but I've heard good things about it. Good luck in all of your pursuits. And interesting idea for a blog. Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home